Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hello to All!

Hey hey!

Nice to meet whoever you are!  Thanks for visiting my blog.  I am Gabe and this is where I will be posting up images of any and all 3d models that I create using Maya, ZBrush, textures made in Photoshop, and other fascinating and wonderful thingies that I make. 

The About Me at the right side pretty much sums me up in a sentence or two.  Let me expand a little more to take up more space and more of your time!

So, I come from a business and engineering background!  In fact, I graduated from San Jose State with a bachelors in Business Administration, emphasis in Management Information Systems.  After working for a while, I decided, after a ton of deep contemplation, that I wanted to change my career.  I wanted something more flashy, more colorful, and in the end, something that I would love to do...and hey!  I love games!  So why don't I start making games?  Sure, people say liking to play games and liking to make games are two separate things entirely and sure, that is indeed true!

But guess what?  I found out that I freakin love to model and texture!  I self taught myself 3ds Max and Photoshop for a year before finding and enrolling into Gnomon's School of Visual Effects, which in turn, caused me to move from the San Francisco Bay Area, to Hollywood!  Man, what a change I tell you!

As of late, I've started to dive into the digital stuff.  Last term I took Hard Surface Modeling 1, Texture Mapping 1 and Photoshop for Digital Production.  I will be posting my Hard Surface final to my blog soon I hope.  I will also be posting it to the polycount forums and will try to become more active there too!  This term?  Right as I'm typing this?  I'm taking Digital Sculpting (once called Intro to ZBrush), Texture Painting and Intro to Unreal!

Now I shall stop blabbering and let you return to your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment