Wednesday, May 15, 2013

USC Demo Day 2013 - Scrapyard!

So it finally came!  After so much hard work and fun, the Scrapyard team pulled together and delivered an absolutely fantastic presentation to a crowd, on stage, at USC.  It was an amazing adventure, and a great pleasure and honor to work with such talented and gifted artists and USC students.  This will always be remembered as the very first game project I worked on and the bonds that were formed will be forever strong.

I was the Lead Environment Artist on the team.  My works were seen in three levels - the character selection screen (which was an enhanced and tweaked version of my final project in my Environment Creation for Games class from Gnomon), Machu Picchu and Underwater.  Machu Picchu was my first level that I worked on and I found myself deep under the mentorship of our art director - Ryan Sullivan.  Such a talented and amazing person, he helped guide me through and teach me many things.

The project was a truly invaluable experience where I went in not knowing too much (other than the skill sets obtained from Gnomon School of Visual Effects) and coming out so much more knowledgeable about team interaction and communication, and more skillful in softwares like UDK, Perforce, nDo2, dDo and Marmoset Toolbag.

While I was truly excited to witness people's reaction to my environments (especially Underwater!), I admit it was also kind of saddening.  To think that it's over and it felt like just yesterday it only just started.  But wow.  Like many others on the team, I am still trying to wrap my head around that.

Anyway, below you will find videos of the Scrapyard portion of the Demo Day presentation as well as a shot of our whole team on stage!






No comments:

Post a Comment