Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Work Continues

Okay, I really think I went beyond the "block-out" stage.  Kinda nervous that I lost myself in the modeling and may have gone too far into the details and the individual pieces when the HW was just blocking it out.  But...well...at this point, whatever happens, happens.  If it's all good then yay!  If not, well... :(.  Anyway, below are several shows of the dump truck.  I've decided to call it here in terms of modeling out the various pieces and placing them properly.  Some were a real pain and took quite a long time (mainly those which the reference images didn't show clearly *sigh*)

I'm...fairly happy with what I've got so far to show in class on Thurs.  As this is the blockout, I didn't make any bevels, nothing is modeled to smooth yet, there are tons of smaller details that I restrained myself from going into in the interest of time, and several pieces are just basic primitives still.  The only complex pieces are the complex shapes of the vehicle that required the use of EP curves and extrusions/lofts/revolves.  One thing th at peeved me was how the details in several of my reference images conflicted with each other and with the image plane images.  It was crazy.  Some details were seen in one reference image that isn't in the others.  I see a detail in the image plane that isn't in the reference images...ugh.  In the end, I just had to make decision calls and go with what I could to keep it looking ok.

Tomorrow, I'm going to spend a bit of time renaming everything properly and also grouping everything logically.  Once that's done, I can h ave some breather before class on Thurs.  Here are the wireframe renders.  Shaded renders are further below.  Again, nothing is smooth-able.  It's all just the block in shapes.  After Thurs I'll be going back in and fixing up every single piece to be smooth-able.






And here are a few shaded renders:



No comments:

Post a Comment