Thursday, May 3, 2012

3-Point Lighting Study

Moving on!  Another of my classes last term was Lighting and Rendering 2 utilizing Vray in Maya to produce some nifty lighting results.  For the very first week, we had a review of the principle of 3-point lighting and had to light up a buddha model.  I  gave it a quick bronze color, some dust and wear on it (minimal wear), tossed in a spec map and there we have it.  Oh, and duh, three vray rectangular lights for key, fill and rim.  For a homework assignment where I was freshly going into Vray and mind boggled at the settings in the shaders and render settings, I felt it came out okay.


I actually prefer using vray over mental ray at the moment.  Even going into this current term, for a project that I'll be posting later, I'm still using vray.  I just became so comfortable with it from the class.  Mental Ray is good too, I just feel more comfortable in Vray at the moment.  Doesn't mean I'll stop using mental ray!  The caustics in that is pretty sick looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment