Thursday, May 3, 2012

Return of the Dump Truck

I decided to return back to the Caterpillar 793D dump truck which I modeled out as my midterm project back in Hard Surface Modeling 2.  I wanted to give this baby a texturing over.  Right now, the textures and lights are only in the starting phase.  I have a simple 3-point lighting setup using Vray and have some basic textures and grunge and paint peels.  Because the model was built to scale, it's freakin huge.  I had to divide up the model into 4 sections, each section having their UVs packed into the 0-1 space and receiving their own unique color, bump, spec, and gloss maps.  Although right now, I think the front section should be divided up more.  I packed everything into the 0-1, but the texture quality is not as good as it should be.  Might have to split that up.

Everything is still kinda flat and boring.  Like I said, first pass at it.  Still have much more to do and to fix and adjust, even the lighting setup is probably bound to change.  Will see in time where I take this as I work on this some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment