Thursday, May 3, 2012

Concept Art for Sci Fi Game Environment

Last post for the day!  Already set to a late lunch lol.  Anyway, as I mentioned in a much earlier post, I'm taking two classes this term - Digital Sets and Environment Creation for Games.  For my environment creation for games class, I will be creating a sci fi game environment.  More specifically, it'll be the engine room of a space ship.  For the first assignment, we just had to gather references and get out plan out.  For the second week, we had to start working on conceptualizing our culture set, or prop set, for our scene.  From that, we will begin modeling stuff out, UVing, texturing, etc etc.

Not all the props will make it into the scene, unless I'm really lucky and work like a maniac.  But with only two classes this term, I should be able to.  If I don't, it's because I want to focus on quality vs quantity.  I want the important focal elements to be solid in terms of quality of the model and the textures.  The must-haves for my scene include the engine core, the large (long) terminal, and the ground light and bomb props.  

My secondary focuses will be on the arch support, wall support, the small/large crates, the walkway, the stairs and the railing.

My final focus, time permitting, will be to create the sci fi wall panels, ceiling panels, ceiling supports and anything else that might be missing from making it more of a complete scene.




No comments:

Post a Comment