Thursday, May 3, 2012

Environment Design Midterm

It's been a while since I last updated my blog with stuff.  I found myself insanely busy last term, but I'm now going to post what I did in the previous term in the next several posts.  After which, the most recent post will be of shots of what I'm doing right now.

I have got to say, last term was fun.  This term is even more enjoyable.  I'm only taking 2 classes at Gnomon this term, Digital Sets and Env. Creation for Games and it's so much fun.  I wanted to really focus on these two classes to hopefully produce some quality work that can be refined into a portfolio reel piece.  Will have to see how it goes.

Anyway, now to catch up with stuff.  This is from last terms Environment Design class and was the submission for my midterm - a black and white value study of an environment.


I found this to be a unique experience overall.  As I don't come from a traditional art background, painting isn't really a strength.  Even if it is digital in Photoshop.  But as I went through the class I learned a lot of stuff and frankly, I felt that I improved from this class.  The master copies we had to do were a new experience and I botched up the first batch, but quickly got into the flow of things during the second and following batches.

For this midterm, thanks to a wonderful critique from Aaron Limonick, my teacher, I was able to really improve it and come to a proper understanding of how these are made.  A big thanks to him!  Anyway, moving on to the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment