Thursday, May 3, 2012

Da Mad Science!

This was the...I forget, 2nd or 3rd week homework assignment for Lighting and Rendering 2 with Vray.  I think it was the 3rd week.  But anyway, I loved this.  The thing with scenes pre-modeled and imported is that there seems to always be something screwy.  I had to be sure to go in and check  the attributes of any models that looked weird off the bat, flip normals on several objects, fiddle with 2 sided lighting etc.  But eventually, I felt that it came out looking pretty nice for a first pass at it.  The book covers are, of course, flat colors.  I didn't want to spend too much time making those photoreal, or have them look so nice that they stand out.  I was more interested in fiddling with vraymtl to get the stainless steel, glass, and the fog in the liquid.



No comments:

Post a Comment